Monday, September 7, 2009

My old, new place.

The holidays have thrown me a little off on my updates. The tanks and
missiles overshadowed the boring work info. I've managed to skip alot of the
recent happenings down south.

I not longer have to deal with: a crappy hotel with box springs instead of matresses, mice, power failures, water shortages, and stale bread for breakfast. We have our own genuine top of the line, high fenced villa now. It has 14 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, and 4 kitchens. It even has marble staircases. The photo at the top is the view from the roof. Not too bad. It's a really nice place.

And I had a room there for exactly 4 days....

I have a new assignment now. I'll be based in Tripoli full time now. No more split weeks to the desert. I'm off of housing and onto infrastructure. I'll write more about the new project as I get more into it. The overview is that it is a 12 mile-6 lane highway with overpasses, underpasses, pedestrian bridges, and a little over 400 utility relocations, that we know of.

Now that I'm not going south anymore, I'll share a few of the stories I didn't want my mom to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment