Thursday, October 29, 2009

Too Short (I'm not talking about my height)

I finally got to see Texas after spending 6 months away. It was great to be back. The trip was way too short though. I spent the first 3 days dreading the exam I had to take and the next 4 dreading the return back to Libya. Aside from the most obvious thing: my family that I was overjoyed to see, it was great having a fully functioning U.S. cell phone, internet, Bud Light, and great friends. A buddy's couch in Dallas beats my bed in Tripoli any day of the week.

I was absolutely amazed at the number of people I got to see that talked about my blog. I'm glad you are all enjoying it. I write it for purely selfish reasons, but it really is nice to know it's appreciated and enjoyed by other people. I think the most mentioned post was the 40 car convoy on my construction site one day when I got to see the Prime Minister. That day ranks as one my most memorable desert adventures too. Although, changing flats and using all of your water to fix a radiator in the Sahara are pretty memorable as well.

I've left the states now. I'm going to spend a few days in London before I have to head back to Tripoli.

1 comment:

  1. I need to amend this post and point out that my cell was actually not "fully functioning" during my stay in the states. I did have a very dear friend of mine try to get ahold me to no avail. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until Christmas to see him and his fiance.

    ReplyDelete