Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cowboy Jamz

I stayed in Tripoli this weekend. I know what you're thinking, and don't worry, I didn't lose my passport. I still have it nice and safe, I just decided to spend a weekend hanging around Tripoli. I figured that was only appropriate for my LAST week in this country. My one year adventure is over at the end of the week and I'm heading home (eventually) to Texas.

It's only fitting that before I left that I had one last cookout with my friends here. We'll call it Texas-Korean fusion since we had BBQ chicken wings, hot dogs, and sushi. I can thank my housemate and her husband for the sushi. I certainly couldn't make it.

In honor of the occasion, I dragged out my cowboy hat, purchased in Libya of course. I figured I needed to act the part of a Texan. It's kind of like my friend who bought his first pair of cowboy boots after he had left Texas and moved to Colorado, and followed it up by buying a Texas shaped kitchen table. It's not exactly the same though, because I actually used to wear boots and ugly shirts when I was younger. I guess it's okay for other people to pretend to be Texan...it is a pretty great place to be from.



All and all it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment