Some of the Italians were playing up The Fourth a little bit for the benefit of the Americans and their euros. There were a few Statue of Liberty street performers around town. 
One bar that shamelessly sold out to tourism with a 20 foot American Flag out front. I can't tell you the name of the place, because they hung the flag over their sign.

It kind of made me feel like I was back in the States even though I was palling around town with two Irish-Italians, and a Canadian. An Irish-Italian is a very useful friend to have in Rome. Not only will they drink with you all night, but they can speak italian to the cabbies and get you back home too. I still haven't figured out anything Canadians are good for (just kidding). Maybe when I go to France...
Canadians are good for bacon, and maple syrup. When you go to France you will find a population that is really good for nothing.
ReplyDelete