
I would like to dispel the perception that all I'm doing over here now is driving to the Tripoli International Airport for my next flight, or playing tennis at the villa. I am in fact doing a little engineering, and helping get a highway built over here. On occassion, I even leave my office, a trailer, to go check out the progress in the field. I'd talk more about it all, but you have to be careful what you say over here in the Great Jamahariya.

Officially it's against the law to photograph certain things like a traffic intersection. I'm guessing it really has more to do with the presence of the traffic police not wanting to be photograped than the concrete they're standing on. One of my colleagues found out the hard way though as they almost confiscated his company camera during a site visit. It apparently didn't matter that he was an engineer and we were in charge of the new interchange where he was trying to photograph. You run into funny things like that sometimes over here.

So, here are a few non-descript photos that I'm hoping won't get me into too much trouble. I'll try and figure out what "public" information is out there so I can talk some more about my project in another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment