I was back stateside for ten days for a little snow skiing. It was another great trip. I even got to see the elusive Yeti heading into the ski lodge one day on the slopes. It's always good to be back home and see my friends and family.
Of course, everytime you leave Libya, you can never quite be sure if they're going to let you back in. The political climate changes pretty regularly over here. For instance, after the (alleged) Lockerbie Bomber was released, the Canadians came out with a strong statement denouncing it. Next thing you know, Canadians couldn't get their visas processed anymore. I know at least one that I work with who had to leave the country come renewal time. The newspaper ran an article saying this wasn't happening, which I've learned pretty much means it is. It's sort of like permanent Opposite's Day. Go to the Tr1poli P0st's webpage and search "Canadian" for the article if you're interested.The new target of Libya's immigration wrath is currently the Swiss. Yes, the Swiss. One of The Great Leader's sons found himself in a bit of legal predicament while on holiday there and was arrested along with his wife. In retaliation, all Swiss companies have been kicked out of Libya. This includes ABB Group, and Nestle who also subsequently had their CEO's in Libya arrested and sentenced to 16 months in prison for tax evasion and visa issues. I'm seeing more and more Libyan kids wearing their 'snow camo' on ROTC days. I guess they must be preparing for the invasion. I wonder how well camels would do in the Alps.
The uniform for Libyan High School students is either camo or khaki. They have to wear it everyday to school. Middle school wear navy blue and elementary school wear navy or light blue smocks with a white collar.
ReplyDeleteSorry no invasion....
...it was a joke...
ReplyDeleteI hate uniforms.. sigh
ReplyDelete