Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wait a minute, I'm an infidel.

My friends who were stuck in Purgatory, also known as Malta, were finally given back their passports and allowed into the Jamarhariya. I believe the final tally for the Brit was 16 forced days of island isolation. I'm out of the country myself right now. Celebrating the "Prophet's Birthday" in Europe for the long weekend. Things back in Libya keep getting stranger and stranger though. The Leader has now called for a Jihad against Switzerland, "an infidel state that is destroying mosques".


Just when you think a dispute is resolved, a little bit more diesel gets thrown on. It may not blow up right away, but it's going to catch fire sooner or later. I have a few more days here, then it's off to Malta to get my new visa if they'll give me one. There's never a dull moment over here in my desert paradise. Here's a good interview with the Leader's son on Time over all this. I'm a pretty big fan of Saif, but he still has a lot to overcome back home.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1968400,00.html?xid=rss-topstories

No comments:

Post a Comment