Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Maltese Falcon

My trip ended just where I planned for it to. We flew out of Brussels and went straight to Malta to try and get new visas. We handed over our passports to the 'fixer', and spent the next few days hanging around Valletta waiting to see what would happen.


We tried to charter a sail boat one afternoon. We thought it would be fun to sail around the island or head up to Gozo and Camino. Unfornately the ones we saw were a little out of our price range. It was definitely cool to see the 'Maltese Falcon' in harbor though. For the low, low price of 375k Euros per WEEK, you can take it out for a spin. One of the 'little' boats in the background is supposedly owned by Bill Gates.

Even though we weren't able to buy a boat while we were in Malta, we did manage to get ourselves bona fide Libyan visas, valid for 6 months.

We flew back to Libya and made it through customs without a hitch. The lines at passport control in Libya were the shortest I've even seen them. This was mostly because all the Europeans were put back on our plane and flown back to Malta. They asked at the door where you were from. Americans and Brits were all I saw get through other than the Libyans...still no Schengen Nations getting into Libya.

1 comment:

  1. Back to work! I bet you wished you were European and could have an extended holiday (at your company's expense) :)

    ReplyDelete