Friday, May 8, 2009

The Fruit Stand

I've been sick for about a week straight. I'm on antibiotics and they seem to be working great. Apparently most of the guys that have come over here from the states get sick their first month. It's something to do with not being used to the local germs and bacteria, etc. That said, I'm not too sure stopping at a roadside market for strawberries was the best idea in the world. We'll see how it turns out.

There are little fruit stands all over the place on the outskirts of Tripoli. They pretty much sell anything from honey, watermelon, peaches, and even 'holy oil'. The box of strawberries set me back 1.5 dinar. A bag of peaches or apricots is 2.5 LYD. The peaches are a lot smaller than what you'd see at a store in the states. They're about the size of key limes.

1 comment:

  1. Just don't eat that fuzzy strawb on the right.

    I told Mom about Jamz in Libya and she wondered how old Col. Q. was. I speculated, "getting up there, probably 70 or so." I was close, but Mom is two years older. Oops - happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete