Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hotel Two Bucks

I started writing a post back on April 25 about all of the problems with the hotel I've been living in. I didn't finish it before I found myself down in Sebha two days later. After checking in my first night down there, I promptly shelved my negative review indefinitely. It's fun being able to track the bar as it's steadily lowered over the weeks. Since then, I've actually looked forward to getting to come back to 'Two Bucks'.


I read my Libya Day 1 Post again. In it, I mentioned that The Thobacts Hotel was my not going to be my permanent housing in Libya. That was just over two months ago. Not permanent by any means, but certainly a lot longer than I had anticipated. Well, I found out just this afternoon that I'll be moving this weekend into one of the guesthouses. The new place is several steps up from any of the hotels I've been living in lately. It will be nice to finally have a permament room and unpack my all of my stuff.



We only stopped by the guesthouse briefly after work to check it out and see our rooms. The views are good. I have a nice sea view room. The rooftop is going to be awesome. We've already started thinking about the furniture and bbq pit we're going to put up there.



Even though it is an upgrade, we are still in Libya, and that means dealing with certain facts of life. Some of the 'views' are not as nice as looking at the beach. Don't tell PETA, but we killed him and a few of his friends while we were there.


2 comments:

  1. You killed a soft cushion? Sounds like a Monty Python skit gone bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition...

    ReplyDelete